Have you ever felt harassed by the public, vendors, consultants? Learn how to effectively respond to and minimize the impact of anxious, irrational, angry, rude people and defuse potentially dangerous behavior. This interactive training features small group discussions and practical information on harassment prevention and correction, discussion and other effective tools to navigate tense situations.
This workshop addresses what action employees should take when they feel they are being harassed by non-employees (patrons, vendors, contractors, consultants etc.) and gives the participants the skills to effectively respond to anxious, irrational, angry, hostile, or potentially dangerous behavior, and minimize the negative impact of challenging encounters.
Participants will learn and begin to master:
- Nonverbal and verbal elements of communication that can impact a conflict situation
- De-escalation strategies to use with internal and external customers
- Setting limits with individuals who are verbally aggressive and noncompliant
- The appropriate actions to take when you feel you are being harassed at work.
- Coping mechanisms to help maintain professionalism during confrontations
- Ways to learn from confrontations and improve future interactions
- Two primary mechanisms for an environment free of harassment from any source
There are no reviews yet.