Your patrons only care what you know; when they know that you care. The relationships that library staff and management build with their patrons today will be greatly influenced by how the customer feels about their experiences with your library. The emotions they feel from previous visits to your library will help them to decide to return again or to never come back.
Are patrons “interrupting” the work that you are doing, or is the patron viewed as “the reason the library exists?”
The Emotional Customer Service: Making Connection with Patrons Workshop focuses on the how to’s and benefits of building relationships with your patrons and the emotions that they feel when they interact with your library and staff.
Participants will learn and begin to master:
- The words and phrases that make patrons feel appreciated and welcomed in the library, including 7 tips to remember someone’s name the first time you meet
- Turning around patron’s complaints and other unwanted behaviors by focusing them on the problem and solutions, and not the drama of the situation
- Customer Service Checklist (Mini-Assessment)
- Coaching employees on Customer Service with Quality Coaching Checklist
- Recognizing system breakdowns creating solutions for the problem, instead of just “putting up” with or only complaining about it
- Supporting the library management in measuring and improving customer service
- Utilizing low and no cost customer service improvements
- The benefits of building relationships with patrons and others in the community
- Creating an atmosphere of fun for the patrons and other employees while getting the work done
The longer you wait, the harder it is to produce outstanding customer service.